Payroll/ Accounts Payable Officer
Benowa, Gold Coast
The Gemini/AMA Group is Australia's largest network of accident repair facilities, which currently comprises of 92 outlets and almost 1,700 employees across Australia and New Zealand, and has further plans to continue to grow both domestically and internationally.
The Gemini/AMA Group's success is a result of our commitment of providing our clients and work providers with quality and cost effective repairs, as well as exceptional customer service. Our people is what makes this possible and are therefore our focus.
The Gemini/AMA Group have been built on the foundations of families, enabling our people to continue to enjoy the family feel work environment and a sense of belonging, whilst having the opportunity to pursue a career and make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll/Accounts Payable Officer to join the team at Benowa, Gold Coast. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the processing of weekly employee pays.
In this position you will carry out a broad range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Assist in the weekly processing of 1500 pays
- Ensure correct and ontime and ensure compliance with legislation, awards and employment agreements
- Answering and resolving employee queries in line with service requirements;
- Maintaining annual leave, sick leave and overtime reports;
- Payroll reporting to meet internal and statutory obligations;
- Calculation and processing of termination payments;
- Calculating annual leave and LSL provisions / accruals;
- Assisting with month end and year end processing;
- Assisting with data entry as required; and
- Providing support to the broader team as required.
- Accounts Payable – input & payment of purchases invoices
- General Accounts Payable tasks
Successful applicant will need:
- Demonstrated experience in payroll preparation and administration for a similar sized company.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and accuracy when processing pays.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications and the generation of system reports.
- Experience in MYOB and Sage
- Experience in HR3 payroll system or similar
- Demonstrated ability to manage own time, set priorities and achieve objectives within set deadlines.
- Proven experience dealing with and applying superannuation and taxation legislation to issues in relation to payroll processing.
- Good communication skills both oral and written with proven ability to prepare and present payroll information to management and internal stakeholders.
- Team player and able to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
If you are hardworking, motivated, seeking a career and not just a job and would like to move forward with an industry leader, please apply now.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.